Patton's Iron Cavalry - The Impact of the Mechanized Cavalry on the U.S. Third Army Page: III
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
I would like to gratefully acknowledge the help of some people without whom I could
never have finished this project:
* My wife, Mariann, who endured countless hours of lecture on cavalry doctrine and
operations, and also for her invaluable assistance in making the maps seen in the text.
* My battle buddy, David Musick, who provided good counsel and better friendship.
* LTC Christopher Prigge, the man who initially set me on the path to study Mechanized
* LTC (ret) Louis DiMarco, for his kind advice and suggestions to a young Captain who
called him out of the blue.
* The professors of the UNT Military History Center, especially Professors Robert Citino,
Michael Leggiere, Geoffery Wawro, Richard McCaslin, and Richard Lowe, who helped turn a
tanker into a scholar.
* The children of General James H. Polk, James Polk and Jody Schwarz, for their
generosity in sharing the legacy of their father.
* Scott Hamric, the curator of the Third Cavalry Regimental museum, and Chris McKeever
of the Sixth Cavalry museum, for their support in providing me with historical materials not
* Bill Heidner, Dave Gettman, and Chris Golden of the Second Cavalry Association for
their comments, support, and providing historical materials.
* Finally, to the Omar N. Bradley Foundation and UNT Military History Center whose
kind financial support made possible a critical research trip to the National Archives in College
Here’s what’s next.
This thesis can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Thesis.
Nance, William Stuart. Patton's Iron Cavalry - The Impact of the Mechanized Cavalry on the U.S. Third Army, thesis, May 2011; Denton, Texas. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc68023/m1/4/: accessed July 27, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; .