Absorption and Emission in the Non-Poissonian Case Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Absorption and Emission in the Non-Poissonian Case
Author: Aquino, GerardoCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas
Author: Palatella, LuigiCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Universitá di Pisa and INFM
Author: Grigolini, PaoloCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: University of North Texas; Universitá di Pisa and INFM; Istituto dei Processi Chimico Fisici del CNR
Name: American Physical SocietyPlace of Publication: [College Park, Maryland]
- Creation: 2004-07-28
- Content Description: Article on absorption and emission in the Non-Poissonian Case.
- Physical Description: 4 p.
- Keyword: Kubo-Anderson theory
- Keyword: non-Poisson
- Journal: Physical Review Letters, 2004, College Park: American Physical Society
- Publication Title: Physical Review Letters
- Volume: 93
- Issue: 5
- Pages: 4
- Peer Reviewed: True
Name: UNT Scholarly WorksCode: UNTSW
Name: UNT College of Arts and SciencesCode: UNTCAS
- Rights Access: public
- DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.93.050601
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc67641
- Academic Department: Physics
- Academic Department: Center for Nonlinear Science
- Display Note: Copyright 2004 American Physical Society. The following article appeared in Physical Review Letters, 93:5; http://prl.aps.org/abstract/PRL/v93/i5/e050601
- Display Note: Abstract: This Letter addresses the challenging problems posed to the Kubo-Anderson (KA) theory by the discovery of intermittent resonant fluorescence with a nonexponential distribution of waiting times. We show how to extend the KA theory from aged to aging systems, aging for a very extended time period or even forever, being a crucial consequence of non-Poisson statistics.