Improving and extending performance at synchrotron radiation facilities Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Improving and extending performance at synchrotron radiation facilities
Author: Jackson, A.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE Office of Energy Research, Washington, DC (United States)
Name: Lawrence Berkeley National LaboratoryPlace of Publication: CaliforniaAdditional Info: Lawrence Berkeley Lab., CA (United States)
- Creation: 1997-05-01
- Content Description: Synchrotron radiation facilities around the world have now matured through three generations. The latest facilities have all met or exceeded their design specifications and are learning how to cope with the ever more demanding requests of the user community, especially concerning beam stability. The older facilities remain competitive by extending the unique features of their design, and by developing novel insertion devices. In this paper we survey the beam characteristics achieved at third-generation sources and explore the improvements made at earlier generation facilities.
- Physical Description: 8 p.
- STI Subject Categories: 43 Particle Accelerators
- Keyword: Synchrotron Radiation Sources
- Keyword: Performance
- Keyword: Modifications
- Conference: 17. IEEE particle accelerator conference, Vancouver (Canada), 12-16 May 1997
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Other: DE97006564
- Report No.: LBNL--39800
- Report No.: CONF-970503--40
- Grant Number: AC03-76SF00098
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 489596
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc674318
- Display Note: INIS; OSTI as DE97006564