NBS Metric Kit : Official Metric Information Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title NBS Metric Kit : Official Metric Information
- Alternate Title National Bureau of Standards Metric Kit : Official Metric Information
- Series Title NBS special publication
- Series Title National Bureau of Standards Reports
- Series Title National Bureau of Standards Metric Kit
- Added Title National Bureau of Standards Special Publication 410
- Added Title NBS special publication ; 410
- Added Title America Joins a Metric World
- Added Title Brief History of Measurement Systems: with a Chart of the Modernized Metric System
- Added Title What About Metric?
- Added Title Some References on Metric Information: Including a Chart on All You Need to Know About Metric
Author: United States. National Bureau of Standards.Creator Type: Organization
Distributor: United States. Government Printing Office.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. Govt. Print. Off
Name: United States. National Bureau of Standards.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.Additional Info: Dept. of Commerce, National Bureau of Standards
- Creation: 1977?
- Physical Description: 6 pieces : ill. ; in envelope 23 x 29 cm.
- Content Description: Kit issued by the U.S. National Bureau of Standards containing materials regarding conversion to the metric system of measurement. The kit includes a letter of introduction; an order form; two plastic cards printed with rulers and conversion information; and four booklets that discuss how the metric system is different from the English system of measurement, why America should switch, and reference materials for converting.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Metric system -- United States.
- Keyword: conversions
- Keyword: systems of measurement
- Keyword: informational kits
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Coverage Date: 197u
- Has Part: [Letter from the United States National Bureau of Standards], NBS Special Publication 410, ark:/67531/metadc123538/
- Has Part: [United States National Bureau of Standards Ruler], NBS Special Publication 376, ark:/67531/metadc123540/
- Has Part: [United States National Bureau of Standards Metric Conversion Card], NBS Special Publication 365, ark:/67531/metadc123539/
- Has Part: America Joins a Metric World, ark:/67531/metadc123541/
- Has Part: Brief History of Measurement Systems: with a Chart of the Modernized Metric System, NBS Special Publication 304A, ark:/67531/metadc123542/
- Has Part: What About Metric?, NBS Consumer Information 7, ark:/67531/metadc123543/
- Has Part: Some References on Metric Information: Including a Chart on All You Need to Know About Metric, NBS LC 1070, ark:/67531/metadc123544/
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 3958716
- SuDoc Number: C 13.10:410
- Report No.: NBS Special Publication 410
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc67329