Device control at CEBAF Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Device control at CEBAF
Author: Schaffner, S.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Barker, D.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Bookwalter, V.Creator Type: Personal
Sponsor: United States. Department of Energy.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: USDOE, Washington, DC (United States)
Name: Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility, Newport News, VA (United States)Place of Publication: United States
- Creation: 1996-08-01
- Content Description: CEBAF has undergone a major conversion of its accelerator control system from TACL to EPICS, affecting device control for the RF system, magnets, the machine protection system, the vacuum and valves, and the diagnostic systems including beam position monitors, harps, and the camera and solenoid devices (beam viewers, faraday cups, optical transition radiation viewers, synchrotron radiation monitor, etc.). Altogether these devices require approximately 125,000 EPICS database records. The majority of these devices are controlled through CAMAC; some use embedded microprocessors (RF and magnets), and newer interfaces are in VME. The standard EPICS toolkit was extended to include a driver for CAMAC which supports dual processors on one serial highway, custom database records for magnets and BPMs, and custom data acquisition tasks for the BPMs. 2 refs., 1 tab.
- Physical Description: 4 p.
- Keyword: Cebaf Accelerator
- STI Subject Categories: 43 Particle Accelerators
- Keyword: Control Systems
- Conference: 16. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) particle accelerator conference, Dallas, TX (United States), 1-5 May 1995
Name: Office of Scientific & Technical Information Technical ReportsCode: OSTI
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Other: DE96013339
- Report No.: DOE/ER/40150--359
- Report No.: CEBAF-PR--95-041;CONF-950512--378
- Grant Number: AC05-84ER40150
- Office of Scientific & Technical Information Report Number: 282092
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc664766
- Display Note: OSTI as DE96013339