Mining Practices and Safety at the Lava Cap Gold Mining Corporation Mines, Nevada City-Grass Valley District, California Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Mining Practices and Safety at the Lava Cap Gold Mining Corporation Mines, Nevada City-Grass Valley District, California
- Series Title Technical paper (United States. Bureau of Mines)
- Series Title United States Bureau of Mines Reports
- Added Title United States Bureau of Mines Technical Paper 619
- Added Title United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Mines Technical paper 619
Author: Ash, S. H.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: United States. Bureau of Mines.Contributor Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1941
- Physical Description: ii, 36 p. : ill., maps ; 23 cm.
- Content Description: Report issued by the Bureau of Mines discussing mining safety in the Grass Valley mining district. As stated in the introduction, "the purpose of this paper is not to present an outstanding safety record but to show that gold mining can be pursued with the same degree of safety and improvement as any other industry, if and when the management recognizes that it can and must be done" (p. 1). This report includes tables, maps, illustrations, and photographs.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Lava Cap Gold Mining Corporation.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gold mines and mining -- California -- Nevada County.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Gold mines and mining -- Safety measures.
- Keyword: mining safety
- Keyword: lode-gold mines
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - California
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 19644968
- SuDoc Number: I 28.7:619
- Report No.: Technical Paper 619
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc66443