A Study to Determine the Effectiveness of Polyethylene Glycol 1000 for Forming Wood Veneer Projects from Green Lumber Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A Study to Determine the Effectiveness of Polyethylene Glycol 1000 for Forming Wood Veneer Projects from Green Lumber
Author: Koesler, Rudolph JohnCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Koonce, Tommy R.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Sandefur, WalterContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 1973-12
- Content Description: The problem was to determine the effectiveness of using polyethylene glycol 1000 in the treatment of green wood for the purpose of forming projects made of wood veneer and of simple design for use in junior high or high school woodworking classes. The purpose of this study was to seek answers to the following questions. 1. Is polyethylene glycol 1000 an effective stabilizing agent for green wood veneer that can be used in school woodworking classes? 2. Can green wood veneer treated with polyethylene glycol 1000 be bent to form simple woodwork projects? 3. Can green wood veneer treated with polyethylene glycol 1000 be successfully used in junior high and high school woodworking classes? 4. What length of treatment time is best for green wood veneer that is to be used to form simple bent wood projects? 5. Is one-fourth inch thickness suitable for green wood veneer that is to be treated with polyethylene glycol 1000 and used to form simple bent wood projects?
- Physical Description: v, 65 leaves : illustrations
- Keyword: dimensional stability of wood
- Keyword: wood veneers
- Keyword: forming green wood
- Keyword: wood shrinkage
- Keyword: method of softening wood
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Polyethylene glycol.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Wood bending.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Veneers and veneering.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Koesler, Rudolph John
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002773785-Koesler
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.4786
- UNT Catalog No.: b1061500
- OCLC: 1029471
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc663677
- Academic Department: Department of Industrial Arts
- Degree Discipline: Industrial Arts
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Publication Type: thesi
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University