Economic Development in Ghana: Some Problems and Prospects Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Economic Development in Ghana: Some Problems and Prospects
Author: Attuquayefio, Alan B.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Melton, R. B. (Rosser B.)Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Fitch, David RobnettContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1974-05
- Content Description: After independence on March 6, 1957, Ghana, under the late President Kwame Nkrumah, turned to diverse developmental activities. Economically, Ghana was on sound footing; the balance of payments was favorable and cocoa was yielding a good harvest. In 1967, Nkrumah was ousted due to his dictatorial rule. In this study the available primary and secondary sources were utilized. Primary sources were made available by the Ghana Embassy in Washington, D. C. and by friends and relatives in institutions of higher learning in Ghana. The study is divided into five chapters. Chapter I concerns itself with a geographical survey of the country, including land, climate, people, and natural resources. Chapter II explores political developments, and Chapter III examines some of the crucial economic problems. Chapter IV explores some economic progress and Chapter V makes suggestions, some of which may seem sordid and grim, but at least they offer a "stepping stone."
- Physical Description: v, 94 leaves: maps
- Keyword: Ghana, West Africa
- Keyword: economics
- Keyword: economic development
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Ghana -- Politics and government.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Ghana -- Economic conditions.
- Place Name: Ghana
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Attuquayefio, Alan B.
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002773747-Attuquayefio
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 4818
- UNT Catalog No.: b1070117
- OCLC: 1313055
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc663612
- Academic Department: Department of Economics
- Degree Discipline: Economics
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Name: Master of Arts
- Degree Publication Type: thesi
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University