Maurice Maeterlinck and Pelléas et Mélisande, Nathaniel Hawthorne and The Scarlet Letter: A Comparative Study Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Maurice Maeterlinck and Pelléas et Mélisande, Nathaniel Hawthorne and The Scarlet Letter: A Comparative Study
Author: Elliott, Linda LouiseCreator Type: Personal
Chair: De Shazo, Marian F.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Kirk, Gerald A.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 1974-12
- Content Description: This study shows similarities in the attitudes of and literary influences upon Maurice Maeterlinck and Nathaniel Hawthorne, especially in Maeterlinck's drama Pelleas et Melisande and Hawthorne's novel The Scarlet Letter. Circumstantial evidence indicates Maeterlinck's familiarity with Hawthorne's novel. Since no previous comparative study of Pelleas et Melisande and The Scarlet Letter exists, the works themselves are the major sources of information.
- Physical Description: iii, 97 leaves
- Keyword: Maurice Maeterlinck
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Maeterlinck, Maurice, 1862-1949 -- Pelléas et Mélisande.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864 -- Scarlet letter.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Transcendentalism.
- Keyword: Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Keyword: transcendentalism
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Elliott, Linda Louise
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002773573-Elliott
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.4934
- UNT Catalog No.: b1079500
- OCLC: 1619827
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc663250
- Academic Department: Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures
- Degree Discipline: French
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Name: Master of Arts
- Degree Publication Type: thesi
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University