A Flight Investigation of the Effect of Mass Distribution and Control Setting on the Spinning of the XN2Y-1 Airplane Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A Flight Investigation of the Effect of Mass Distribution and Control Setting on the Spinning of the XN2Y-1 Airplane
- Series Title NACA Technical Reports
Author: Scudder, N. F.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1934-01-10
- Content Description: "The investigation of the effect of mass distribution on the spinning of airplanes initiated with tests on the NY-1 airplane has been continued by tests on another airplane in order to increase the scope of the information and to observe particularly the behavior of an airplane that shows considerable change in sideslip angle for its various conditions of spinning. The XN2Y-1 naval training biplane was used for the present tests in which changes of ballast along the longitudinal and lateral axes and changes of aileron, stabilizer, and elevator settings were made. The effects of these changes on the steady spin were measured in flight' (p. 185).
- Physical Description: 185-192 p. : ill.
- Keyword: XN2Y-1 airplane
- Keyword: spinning characteristics
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R20848
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930091558
- Report No.: NACA-TR-484
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930091558
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc66141