Wind-Tunnel Research Comparing Lateral Control Devices, Particularly at High Angles of Attack 5: Spoilers and Ailerons on Rectangular Wings Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Wind-Tunnel Research Comparing Lateral Control Devices, Particularly at High Angles of Attack 5: Spoilers and Ailerons on Rectangular Wings
- Series Title NACA Technical Reports
Author: Weick, Fred E.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Shortal, Joseph A.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1932-06-13
- Content Description: "This report covers the fifth of a series of systematic investigations in which lateral control devices are compared with particular reference to their effectiveness at high angles of attack. The present report deals with tests of spoilers and ordinary ailerons on rectangular Clark Y wing models. In an effort to obtain satisfactory control throughout the entire angle-of-attack range that can be maintained in flight, various spoilers were tested in combination with two sizes of previously tested ordinary ailerons - one of average proportions and the other short and wide. In addition, one large spoiler was tested alone" (p. 719).
- Physical Description: 719 - 734 p. : ill.
- Keyword: Clark Y wings
- Keyword: aircraft wings
- Keyword: aircraft spoilers
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R20802
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930091512
- Report No.: NACA-TR-439
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930091512
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc66095
- Display Note: "V."