Supplementary Free-Spinning-Tunnel Investigation of a 1/30-Scale Model of the Grumman XF10F-1 Airplane in the Swept-Wing Configuration with Slats Extended Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Supplementary Free-Spinning-Tunnel Investigation of a 1/30-Scale Model of the Grumman XF10F-1 Airplane in the Swept-Wing Configuration with Slats Extended
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Berman, TheodoreCreator Type: Personal
Author: Klinar, Walter J.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1951-07-24
- Content Description: "A supplementary investigation has been conducted in the Langley 20-foot free-spinning tunnel of a 1/30 -scale model of the Grumman XF10F-1 airplane to determine what effect full-span slats would have on the spin-recovery characteristics of the swept-wing version of the XF10F-1 airplane, which had previously been indicated as possessing undesirable spin-recovery characteristics without slats. The effects of extended nose-wheel doors and of fairing the air-duct inlets were also determined" (p. 1).
- Physical Description:  p. : ill.
- Keyword: Grumman XF10F-1
- Keyword: aircraft slats
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/20090023702
- Report No.: NACA-RM-SL51G19
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 20090023702
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc65355