An Investigation of the Effect of the WADC 30,000-Horsepower Whirl Rig Upon the Static Characteristics of a Propeller Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title An Investigation of the Effect of the WADC 30,000-Horsepower Whirl Rig Upon the Static Characteristics of a Propeller
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Salters, Leland B., Jr.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Norton, Harry T., Jr.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
Originator: United States. Air Force. Air Materiél Command.Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1952-07-02
- Content Description: "Tests have been made at the Langley Aeronautical Laboratory on a 6000-horsepower propeller dynamometer installed at a ground test facility to determine the effect of a half-scale model of the Wright Aeronautical Development Center 30,000-horsepower whirl rig upon the aerodynamic characteristics of a three-blade NACA 10-(3)(062)-045 propeller. The model of the whirl rig was mounted in front of the 6000-horsepower propeller dynamometer. Static propeller tests were made for 0deg, 5deg, 10deg, 15deg, and 20deg blade angles over a range of rotational speeds from 600 to 2200 rpm in 100-rpm increments" (p. 1).
- Physical Description:  p. : ill.
- Keyword: dynamometers
- Keyword: aircraft propellers
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/20050029455
- Report No.: NACA-RM-SL52F20
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 20050029455
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc64716