Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Saltbushes.
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture) ; no. 108.
- Series Title Agrostology [publication] (United States. Division of Agrostology.) ; 108.
- Alternate Title Salt-bushes
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Creator Type: Organization
Author: United States. Division of Agrostology.Creator Type: Organization
Author: Kennedy, P. BeveridgeCreator Type: Personal
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1900
- Digitized: 2009-02-15
- Content Description: Discusses varieties of foreign and native salt-bushes, how they are grown, and their value as drought-resistant plants for livestock forage.
- Physical Description: 20 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Salt-bush.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Salt-bush -- Composition.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Alkali lands -- United States.
- Keyword: orache
- Keyword: orach
- Keyword: atriplex
- Keyword: soil salination
- Keyword: halophytes
- Keyword: salt
- Keyword: forage
- Keyword: drought-resistant plants
- Keyword: sage
- Keyword: alkaline soil
Name: Government Documents A to Z Digitization ProjectCode: ATOZ
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- OCLC: 15045428
- Government Documents No.: A 1.9:108
- UNT Catalog No.: b3292372
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc6435
- Display Note: Several illustrations are signed: "Baldwin." Includes bibliographical references. Contents: General characteristics -- Distribution of seed -- How to sow the seed -- Introduced saltbushes -- American saltbushes -- Composition of the saltbushes -- Food value of the saltbushes -- Miscellaneous alkali plants -- Alkali and alkali soils -- Conclusions.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000