Pineapple growing. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pineapple growing.
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture) ; no. 140.
- Series Title Bureau of Plant Industry [publication] (United States. Bureau of Plant Industry) ; 5.
- Series Title Vegetable Physiology and Pathology [publication] (United States. Bureau of Plant Industry) ; 87.
Author: United States. Dept. of Agriculture.Creator Type: Organization
Author: Rolfs, P. H. (Peter Herry), 1865-1944.Creator Type: Personal
Author: United States. Bureau of Plant Industry.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1906
- Digitized: 2009-02-15
- Content Description: A guide to pineapple farming, including planting, gathering, disease control, shipping, and selling.
- Physical Description: 48 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Pineapple.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Pineapple -- Varieties.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Pineapple -- Transportation.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Pineapple -- Marketing.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Pineapple -- Fertilizers.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Pineapple -- Canning and preserving.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Pineapple -- Diseases and pests.
- Keyword: ananas comosus
- Keyword: tropical fruits
- Keyword: piña
- Keyword: rattoons
- Keyword: suckers
- Keyword: growing pineapples
- Keyword: pineapple farming
- Keyword: growing fruit
- Keyword: shipping pineapples
Name: Government Documents A to Z Digitization ProjectCode: ATOZ
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Government Documents No.: A 1.9:140/1-906 x
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc6415
- Display Note: Includes bibliographical references. Contents: Introduction -- Terms used on pineapple plantations -- The pineapple family -- Earliest cultivation -- Varieties -- Lines of improvement -- Climate -- Soil -- Gathering -- Shipping -- Cold storage -- Markets -- Prices -- Cost of 1 acre -- Starting without capital -- Fertilizers -- Mulching -- The land -- Laying off the land -- Planting -- Cultivation -- Irrigation -- Canning -- To prepare for table use -- Diseases, insects and injuries -- Pineapple sheds -- Trees for shade -- By-products.
- Display Note: 1906 reprint of 1901 edition.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000