Principles of nutrition and nutritive value of food. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Principles of nutrition and nutritive value of food.
- Added Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture) ; no. 142.
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Dept. of Agriculture)
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Creator Type: Organization
Author: Atwater, W. O. (Wilbur Olin), 1844-1907Creator Type: Personal
Author: United States. Office of Experiment Stations.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1902
- Digitized: 2009-02-15
- Content Description: Discusses the general principles of nutrition. Includes the results of studies carried out by the Department of Experiment Stations.
- Physical Description: 48 p. : 1 chart ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Nutrition.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Food -- Composition.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Consumer education.
- Keyword: home economics
- Keyword: nutrients
- Keyword: food quality
Name: Government Documents A to Z Digitization ProjectCode: ATOZ
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- OCLC: 10817344
- Government Documents No.: A 1.9:142/2
- UNT Catalog No.: b3292553
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc6413
- Display Note: Revised edition. Includes bibliographical references. Contents: Introduction -- Chemical composition of the body and of food -- Food as building material and fuel -- Value of food for supplying energy -- How the functions and nutritive value of food are learned -- Food and food economy -- Composition of common food materials -- Digestion, assimilation, and excretion -- Proportions of digestible nutrients in food materials -- Preparation of food, cooking -- Dietaries and dietary standards -- Adapting food to the needs of the body -- Advantages of several meals a day -- Pecuniary economy of food -- Errors in food economy -- Summary.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000