Effect on Drag of Longitudinal Positioning of Half-Submerged and Pylon-Mounted Douglas Aircraft Stores on a Fuselage with and without Cavities between Mach Numbers 0.9 and 1.8 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Effect on Drag of Longitudinal Positioning of Half-Submerged and Pylon-Mounted Douglas Aircraft Stores on a Fuselage with and without Cavities between Mach Numbers 0.9 and 1.8
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Hoffman, SherwoodCreator Type: Personal
Author: Wolff, Austin L.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1954-07-15
- Content Description: From Summary: "The effect on drag of positioning symmetrically mounted Douglas Aircraft Company, Inc. stores in pairs on a parabolic fuselage of fineness ratio 10.0 has been determined by flight tests of rocket-propelled, zero-lift models through a range of Mach number from 0.9 to 1.8. The stores were mounted in half-submerged positions and on pylons and were tested in three longitudinal locations on the fuselage with the forward position being located at the maximum diameter of the fuselage. The effects on drag of removing the half-submerged stores or extending them outward on pylons also was investigated by tests of models with half-submerged-store cavities on the fuselage. Two pylons differing in airfoil section and thickness were tested at the forward position of the stores on the fuselage with cavities."
- Physical Description: 45 p. : ill.
- Keyword: drag characteristics
- Keyword: aircraft stores
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/20050019262
- Report No.: NACA-RM-L54E26
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 20050019262
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc64117