Turbulence in the Wake of a Thin Airfoil at Low Speeds Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Turbulence in the Wake of a Thin Airfoil at Low Speeds
- Series Title NACA Technical Memorandums
Author: Campbell, George S.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: California Institute of TechnologyContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1957-01
- Content Description: From Summary: "Experiments have been made to determine the nature of turbulence in the wake of a two-dimensional airfoil at low speeds. The experiments were motivated by the need for data which can be used for analysis of the tail-buffeting problem in aircraft design. Turbulent intensity and power spectra of the velocity fluctuations were measured at a Reynolds number of 1.6 x 10(exp 5) for several angles of attack. Total-head measurements were also obtained in an attempt to relate steady and fluctuating wake properties."
- Physical Description: 63 p.
- Keyword: aerodynamics
- Keyword: airfoils
- Keyword: aircraft turbulence
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/20040034247
- Report No.: NACA-TM-1427
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 20040034247
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc64036