The manufacture of sorghum sirup. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The manufacture of sorghum sirup.
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Department of Agriculture)
- Added Title United States Department of Agriculture Bulletin 90
- Alternate Title Manufacture of sorghum syrup
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Creator Type: Organization
Author: Denton, A. A.Creator Type: Personal
Illustrator: Flournoy, P. P.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1901
- Digitized: 2009-02-15
- Content Description: A guide to simple methods of sorghum syrup production, for farmers with limited facilities.
- Physical Description: 32 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Kansas State University. Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Sorghum syrup.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Sorghum.
- Keyword: grasses
- Keyword: fodder
- Keyword: cereal
- Keyword: syrup
Name: Government Documents A to Z Digitization ProjectCode: ATOZ
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Government Documents No.: A 1.9:90/1-901 x
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc6393
- Display Note: Several illustrations are signed: "P. P. F."; others are unsigned. Contents: Definitions -- Sorghum sirup and sugar-cane sirup compared -- Statistics of sorghum production -- Sorghum in semiarid sections -- Improved varieties of sorghum -- Experiments by the Department of Agriculture -- Experiments by the Kansas State Experiment Station -- Preparing the soil, planting, and cultivation -- Grinding cane -- Clarifying the juice -- Settling tanks -- Evaporating -- Superheating sorghum juice -- Summary -- Letters from representative sirup makers.
- Display Note: 1901 reprint of 1899 edition.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000