The Effect of a Gap Between Elevator and Stabilizer on the Static Stability and Maneuverability About the Lateral Axis in Flight Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Effect of a Gap Between Elevator and Stabilizer on the Static Stability and Maneuverability About the Lateral Axis in Flight
- Series Title NACA Technical Memorandums
Author: Hübner, WalterCreator Type: Personal
Originator: United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1933-03
- Content Description: "A number of German airplanes have a gap between elevator and stabilizer. The effect of this open space is not generally known, although English wind-tunnel experiments have shown that even a very small gap exerts a profound influence on the elevator action. The purpose of the present free-flight measurements is to ascertain whether fairing over the gap would actually result in an appreciable improvement" (p. 1).
- Physical Description:  p. : ill.
- Keyword: aircraft stability
- Keyword: aircraft control
- Keyword: elevator-stabilizer gaps
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R23636
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930094716
- Report No.: NACA-TM-701
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930094716
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc63551