The stress criterion of a tension member with graded flexural stiffness: contribution to the problem of "clamping effect" outside of the elastic range Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The stress criterion of a tension member with graded flexural stiffness: contribution to the problem of "clamping effect" outside of the elastic range
- Series Title NACA Technical Memorandums
Author: Kaul, Hans W.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: United States. National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics.Contributor Type: Organization
Originator: LuftfahrtforschungContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1936-09
- Content Description: The approximate size of the stress criterion of a bar on two supports stressed beyond the elastic range is assessed by an approximation. The calculation proceeds from the premise of "substitute flexural stiffness" so defined that the part stressed beyond the elastic range may be considered as following Hooke's law when determining the flexural deformation quantities. For the determination of the substitute flexural stiffness, it is presumed that the material is already stressed so much beyond the yield point as to be strain-hardened. The data are directly applicable to materials having no definite yield point. For the rest, von Karman's method for compressed and subsequently deflected bars serves as basis for the calculation.
- Physical Description:  p.
- Keyword: stress testing
- Keyword: substitute flexural stiffness
- Keyword: aircraft design
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R23532
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930094612
- Report No.: NACA-TM-804
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930094612
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc63402