Tree planting on rural school grounds. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Tree planting on rural school grounds.
- Series Title Farmers' bulletin (United States. Department of Agriculture)
- Added Title United States Department of Agriculture Bulletin 134
Author: United States. Department of Agriculture.Creator Type: Organization
Author: Hall, William L. (William Logan), 1873-Creator Type: Personal
Name: United States. Department of Agriculture.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1901
- Digitized: 2008-11
- Content Description: Discusses the importance of planning for successful Arbor-Day tree plantings on rural school grounds and churchyards. Includes suggested study topics for teachers to use in school lessons.
- Physical Description: 38 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Tree planting.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Schools -- Landscape architecture.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Arbor Day.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Trees -- Study and teaching (Elementary)
- Keyword: horticulture
- Keyword: arboriculture
- Keyword: gardening
- Keyword: landscaping
- Keyword: tree care
- Keyword: school children
- Keyword: curriculum
- Keyword: rural planning
- Keyword: soil composition
- Keyword: ecology
- Keyword: school gardens
- Keyword: school grounds
Name: Government Documents A to Z Digitization ProjectCode: ATOZ
Name: Environmental Policy CollectionCode: ESDC
Name: USDA Farmers' BulletinsCode: USDAFB
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- OCLC: 16737576
- Government Documents No.: A 1.9:134
- UNT Catalog No.: b3292545
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc6306
- Display Note: Contents: Introduction -- Reasons for school-ground planting -- Arbor Day and school-ground planting -- Preliminary arrangements for planting -- What planting to do -- Kinds of trees to plant -- Obtaining the trees -- How to plant the trees -- Why trees die in transplanting -- Care of trees after planting -- Studies for the teacher and school -- Facts about trees.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Omniscan creationAppVersion: 11 creationHardware: Zeutschel OS 10000