Tactical Aircraft Modernization: Issues for Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Tactical Aircraft Modernization: Issues for Congress
Author: Gertler, Jeremiah J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Military Aviation
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2009-11-25
- Content Description: This report provides an overview discussion on the modernization of U.S. military tactical aircraft, meaning fighter aircraft, strike fighters, and attack planes. Tactical aircraft are a major component of U.S. military capability, and account for a significant portion of U.S. defense spending. In early 2009, the Air Force, Navy, and Marine Corps collectively had an inventory of about 3,500 tactical aircraft.
- Physical Description: 39 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Weapons systems
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Military aircraft
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Attack aircraft
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense economics
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Defense budgets
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: RL33543
- Accession or Local Control No: RL33543_2009Nov25
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc627014