An analysis of the fatigue life of an airplane wing structure under overload conditions Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title An analysis of the fatigue life of an airplane wing structure under overload conditions
- Series Title NACA Wartime Reports
- Series Title NACA Restricted Bulletins
Author: Reisert, Thomas DCreator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1946-02
- Content Description: From Introduction: "Fatigue life expectancy in normal transport operations was investigated in reference 1 and was found to be of equal importance with single-gust life. The effect of overload operation of transport airplanes on the probability of encountering single critical gusts was investigated in reference 2 and the frequency of critical gusts was found to increase rapidly with overload. The effect of overload operation on fatigue strength, however, has not heretofore been evaluated, hence the investigations of references 1 and 2 are combined herein to permit such evaluation and to determine the relative importance of fatigue and single-gust failures under conditions of overload operation."
- Physical Description: 4 p. : ill.
- Keyword: airplane wings
- Keyword: wing fatigue
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930092724
- Report No.: NACA-WR-L-10
- Report No.: NACA-RB-L5K29
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930092724
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc61278