Investigation of the aerodynamic characteristics of a model wing-propeller combination and of the wing and propeller separately at angles of attack up to 90 degrees Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Investigation of the aerodynamic characteristics of a model wing-propeller combination and of the wing and propeller separately at angles of attack up to 90 degrees
- Series Title NACA Technical Reports
Author: Kuhn, Richard E.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Draper, John W.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1956
- Content Description: This report presents the results of an investigation conducted in the Langley 300 mph 7- by 10-foot wind tunnel for the purpose of determining the aerodynamic characteristics of a model wing-propeller combination, and of the wing and propeller separately at angles of attack up to 90 degrees. The tests covered thrust coefficients corresponding to free-stream velocities from zero forward speed to the normal range of cruising speeds. The results indicate that increasing the thrust coefficient increases the angle of attack for maximum lift and greatly diminishes the usual reduction in lift above the angle of attack for maximum lift.
- Physical Description: 40 p. : ill.
- Keyword: wing-propeller combinations
- Keyword: aerodynamics
- Keyword: thrust coefficients
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R21554
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930092264
- Report No.: NACA-TR-1263
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930092264
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc60654