Experimental Evidence of Sustained Coupled Longitudinal and Lateral Oscillations From a Rocket-Propelled Model of a 35 Degree Swept Wing Airplane Configuration Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Experimental Evidence of Sustained Coupled Longitudinal and Lateral Oscillations From a Rocket-Propelled Model of a 35 Degree Swept Wing Airplane Configuration
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Parks, James H.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1954-05-28
- Content Description: Memorandum presenting a rocket-propelled model of a representative 35 degree sweptback wing airplane design at high subsonic Mach numbers to investigate the possibility of the existence of coupled longitudinal and lateral motions. The data indicate the existence of sustained longitudinal motions of appreciable amplitude forced by lateral oscillations. The longitudinal motions had twice the frequency of the lateral oscillations and are shown to be the result of aerodynamic moments due to sideslip and inertial cross coupling.
- Physical Description: 28 p. : ill.
- Keyword: aircraft wings
- Keyword: aircraft control
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R17524
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930088234
- Report No.: NACA-RM-L54D15
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930088234
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc60471