Wall interference in a two-dimensional-flow wind tunnel, with consideration of the effect of compressibility Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Wall interference in a two-dimensional-flow wind tunnel, with consideration of the effect of compressibility
- Series Title NACA Technical Reports
Author: Allen, H. JulianCreator Type: Personal
Author: Vincenti, Walter G.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Ames Aeronautical Laboratory (U.S.)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Ames Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1944
- Content Description: From Summary: "Theoretical tunnel-wall corrections are derived for an airfoil of finite thickness and camber in a two-dimensional-flow wind tunnel. The theory takes account of the effects of the wake of the airfoil and of the compressibility of the fluid, and is based upon the assumption that the chord of the airfoil is small in comparison with the height of the tunnel. Consideration is given to the phenomenon of choking at high speeds and its relation to the tunnel-wall corrections. The theoretical results are compared with the small amount of low-speed experimental data available and the agreement is seen to be satisfactory, even for relatively large values of the chord-height ratio."
- Physical Description: 155 - 184 p.
- Keyword: wind tunnel testing
- Keyword: airfoils
- Keyword: choking
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R21151
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930091861
- Report No.: NACA-TR-782
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930091861
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc60054