Persée : tragedie Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Persée : tragedie
- Uniform Title Persée
- Added Title Metamorphoses
Composer: Lully, Jean Baptiste, 1632-1687Creator Type: Personal
Librettist: Quinault, Philippe, 1635-1688Creator Type: Personal
Name: J.B. Christophe BallardPlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1722
- Physical Description: 1 score (4, 229 p.) : ill. ; 39 cm.
- Content Description: King Louis XIV's involvement in campaigns against the Dutch/Swedish alliance in early 1682 prevented him from attending the premiere of Persée in April of that year. As was customary in the operas of composer Jean-Baptiste Lully and librettist Philippe Quinault, the prologue included references to current battlefield exploits and portrayed the king as a paragon of virtue. The prologues of previous Lully operas emphasized glory and prowess over virtue; the change in emphasis in Persée may have resulted from the increased influence of Madame de Maintenon (the king's new mistress) in the court and her pension for decorum.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Other: Tragédie en musique
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Jean-Baptiste Lully CollectionCode: JBLC
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- UNT Catalog No.: b1365588
- OCLC: 37210521
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, L 2995
- Other: LWV 60
- Call Number: M1500.L95 P47 1722
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc60