Bending of Rectangular Plates With Large Deflections Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Bending of Rectangular Plates With Large Deflections
- Series Title NACA Technical Reports
Author: Levy, SamuelCreator Type: Personal
Originator: United States. National Bureau of Standards.Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1941-05-27
- Content Description: "The solution of Von Karman's fundamental equations for large deflections of plates is presented for the case of a simply supported rectangular plate under combined edge compression and lateral loading. Numerical solutions are given for square plates and for rectangular plates with a width-span ratio of 3:1. The effective widths under edge compression are compared with effective widths according to Von Karman, Bengston, Marguerre, and Cox and with experimental results by Ramberg, Mcpherson, and Levy" (p. 1).
- Physical Description: 19 p. : ill.
- Keyword: rectangular plates
- Keyword: plate bending
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R21106
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930091816
- Report No.: NACA-TR-737
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930091816
- Report No.: NACA-TN-846
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc59995