Preliminary experimental investigation of transpiration cooling for an afterburner with a sintered, porous stainless-steel combustion-chamber wall Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Preliminary experimental investigation of transpiration cooling for an afterburner with a sintered, porous stainless-steel combustion-chamber wall
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Koffel, William K.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Lewis Flight Propulsion LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Lewis Flight Propulsion Lab
- Creation: 1953-06-08
- Content Description: Report presenting an experimental investigation of the application of transpiration air-cooling to the combustion-chamber wall of an afterburner. Results regarding the typical temperature and pressure profiles, correlation of wall temperatures, distribution of cooling-air flux density, longitudinal distribution of cooling air, longitudinal distribution of wall temperature, effect of permeability on cooling-air requirements, and fabricating and operating problems are provided.
- Physical Description: 47 p. : ill.
- Keyword: aircraft afterburners
- Keyword: transpiration cooling
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R17099
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930087809
- Report No.: NACA-RM-E53D08
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930087809
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc59787