The Effects of Extensible Rocket Racks on Lift, Drag, and Stability of a 1/10-Scale Rocket-Boosted Model of the McDonnell XF3H-1 Airplane for a Mach Number Range of 0.60 to 1.34 : TED No. NACA DE 31 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Effects of Extensible Rocket Racks on Lift, Drag, and Stability of a 1/10-Scale Rocket-Boosted Model of the McDonnell XF3H-1 Airplane for a Mach Number Range of 0.60 to 1.34 : TED No. NACA DE 31
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Crabill, Norman L.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
Originator: United States. Department of the Navy. Bureau of Aeronautics.Contributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1953-06-16
- Content Description: Memorandum presenting the results of a test on the transonic longitudinal characteristics of a scale rocket model of the McDonnell XF3H-1 airplane. The model, flown with a center-of-gravity location of 28.5 percent of the mean aerodynamic chord and a stabilizer setting of -5.91 degrees relative to the wing chord plane, was equipped with extensible rocket racks. Results regarding the Reynolds number, rocket-rack program, flight time history, trim, lift, drag, longitudinal stability, directional stability, and inlet pressure recovery are provided.
- Physical Description:  p. : ill.
- Keyword: McDonnell XF3H-1
- Keyword: rocket racks
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R16918
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930087628
- Report No.: NACA-RM-SL53F15
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930087628
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc59639