Starting characteristics and combustion performance of magnesium slurry in 6.5-inch-diameter ram-jet engine mounted in connected-pipe facility Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Starting characteristics and combustion performance of magnesium slurry in 6.5-inch-diameter ram-jet engine mounted in connected-pipe facility
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Gibbs, James B.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Lewis Flight Propulsion LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Lewis Flight Propulsion Lab
- Creation: 1954-01-28
- Content Description: The starting characteristics and combustion performance of slurry type fuels, consisting of 50 percent magnesium powder in a hydrocarbon carrier, have been investigated in a flight-type, 6.5-inch-diameter ram-jet engine in a connected-pipe facility. Quick, dependable starting of the engine was obtained by the use of a disk which blocked part of the combustor area downstream of the flame holder. Acceptable performance was achieved with a short fuel-air mixing length by the development of a fuel-distribution control sleeve.
- Physical Description: 25 p. : ill.
- Keyword: ramjet engines
- Keyword: fuel slurries
- Keyword: aircraft fuel
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R16623
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930087333
- Report No.: NACA-RM-E53K05
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930087333
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc59416