The Effect on Zero-Lift Drag of an Indented Fuselage or a Thickened Wing-Root Modification to a 45 Degree Sweptback Wing-Body Configuration as Determined by Flight Tests at Transonic Speeds Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The Effect on Zero-Lift Drag of an Indented Fuselage or a Thickened Wing-Root Modification to a 45 Degree Sweptback Wing-Body Configuration as Determined by Flight Tests at Transonic Speeds
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Pepper, William B.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1951-09-20
- Content Description: Report presenting a study of rocket-powered models at transonic speeds to determine the effect on the zero-lift drag coefficient of an indented fuselage modification and a thickened wing-root modification of a swept-wing airplane configuration. Results regarding the variation of drag coefficient with Mach number, effect of wing root thickening, and wing-plus-interference drag coefficients for the tested models are provided.
- Physical Description: 20 p. : ill.
- Keyword: aerodynamics
- Keyword: aircraft design
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R15999
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930086709
- Report No.: NACA-RM-L51F15
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930086709
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc58898