[Wire to the Axis] Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title [Wire to the Axis]
Artist: Artzybasheff, Boris, 1899-1965.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Wickwire Spencer Steel Company.Creator Type: Organization
Name: Wickwire Spencer Steel CompanyPlace of Publication: [New York, N.Y.]
- Content Description: A serpent made of metal wears a helmet with a swastika on it. The serpent has long tail, sharp teeth, and a long snout. Smoke billows in background. Metal beams in a "V" formation appear to approach the serpent from the upper left area of the poster.
- Physical Description: 1 poster : b&w ; 43 x 55 cm.
- Keyword: rattlesnake
- Keyword: steel
- Keyword: Axis
- Keyword: enemy caricature
- Keyword: metal
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American -- 1939-1945 -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Propaganda -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Caricatures and cartoons -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Industrial mobilization -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Keyword: war production
- Keyword: serpent
- Keyword: swastika
- Keyword: enemy imagery
- Keyword: imagery
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: World War One CollectionCode: WWI
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Wickwire Spencer Steel Company
- Accession or Local Control No: Database No. 045
- Accession or Local Control No: Historical Collection Accession No. Y2049.4
- OCLC: 68192034
- Call Number: Posters WW2 Artzybasheff 1
- UNT Catalog No.: b2993811
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc587
- Display Note: "Copyright 1943, Wickwire Spencer Steel Company" Title from "Axis in Agony!", New York: Wickwire Spencer Steel Company, 1944. "Of this painting, Artzybasheff says: 'Production means death to the Axis. Steel wire is vital in almost all production for Victory. This suggested a Victory 'V', made up of various Wickwire Spencer shaped wires, appearing as an awesome portent to a battered Axis monster.'" -- "Axis in Agony!", New York: Wickwire Spencer Steel Company, 1944.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Vidar Latitude