Experimental investigation of hot-gas bleedback for ice protection of turbojet engines 2: nacelle with long straight air inlet Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Experimental investigation of hot-gas bleedback for ice protection of turbojet engines 2: nacelle with long straight air inlet
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Callaghan, Edmund E.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Ruggeri, Robert S.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Lewis Flight Propulsion LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Lewis Flight Propulsion Lab
- Creation: 1949-05-26
- Content Description: Report presenting aerodynamic and icing investigations conducted in the icing research tunnel on a model of a turbojet-engine nacelle with a long straight air inlet in order to provide basic design criteria for hot-gas blowback systems. The most uniform temperature distribution was obtained with a bleedback of 4.4 percent at a gas temperature of 1000 degrees Fahrenheit and resulted in an average dry-air-temperature rise of 46 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Physical Description: 34 p. : ill.
- Keyword: aerodynamics
- Keyword: icing investigations
- Keyword: hot-gas blowback systems
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R15202
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930085912
- Report No.: NACA-RM-E9C16
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930085912
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc58253
- Display Note: "II."