A Summary Report on the Effects of Mach Number on the Span Load Distribution on Wings of Several Models Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A Summary Report on the Effects of Mach Number on the Span Load Distribution on Wings of Several Models
- Series Title NACA Research Memorandums
Author: Jessen, Henry, Jr.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Ames Aeronautical Laboratory (U.S.)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Ames Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1947-07-15
- Content Description: Memorandum presenting an investigation of the change in spanwise load distribution at high Mach numbers, which is of considerable interest because lateral movement of the center of lift affects the trim, stability, and structural factors of safety of an airplane. The data is not sufficient to permit isolation of the effects of changes in wing configuration, but in a majority of cases, the tests reveal a tendency for the center of lift to shift outboard with increasing Mach number.
- Physical Description:  p. : ill.
- Keyword: aircraft wings
- Keyword: load distributions
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R14866
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930085576
- Report No.: NACA-RM-A7C28
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930085576
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc57986