Effects of leading-edge blunting on the local heat transfer and pressure distributions over flat plates in supersonic flow Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Effects of leading-edge blunting on the local heat transfer and pressure distributions over flat plates in supersonic flow
- Series Title NACA Technical Notes
Author: Creager, Marcus O.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Ames Aeronautical Laboratory (U.S.)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Ames Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1957-12
- Content Description: Report presenting an investigation of the effect of leading-edge thickness on the flow over flat plates with square and cylindrical blunting at Mach number 4 and free-stream Reynolds numbers per inch of 2380 and 6600. For test conditions, the bow shock wave was detached and leading-edge shape had no effect on surface pressures aft of two leading-edge thicknesses. Results regarding surface pressure, flow-field surveys, heat transfer, boundary-layer thickness, surface pressure distribution, local Mach number, local Reynolds number, and heat transfer are provided.
- Physical Description: 54 p. : ill.
- Keyword: flow characteristics
- Keyword: aerodynamics
- Keyword: pressure distributions
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R14286
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930084996
- Report No.: NACA-TN-4142
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930084996
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc56855