Effects of Horizontal-Tail Position and a Wing Leading-Edge Modification Consisting of a Full-Span Flap and a Partial-Span Chord-Extension on the Aerodynamic Characteristics in Pitch at High Subsonic Speeds of a Model With a 45 Degree Sweptback Wing Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Effects of Horizontal-Tail Position and a Wing Leading-Edge Modification Consisting of a Full-Span Flap and a Partial-Span Chord-Extension on the Aerodynamic Characteristics in Pitch at High Subsonic Speeds of a Model With a 45 Degree Sweptback Wing
- Series Title NACA Technical Notes
Author: Morrison, William D., Jr.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Alford, William J., Jr.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1957-06
- Content Description: Note presenting an investigation conducted in the high-speed 7- by 10-foot tunnel to determine the effects of varying the horizontal-tail position relative to the wing chord plane on the aerodynamic characteristics in pitch of a general research model having a 45 degree sweptback wing of aspect ratio 4, taper ratio 0.30, and NACA 65A006 airfoil sections. The investigation also included the effects of a wing modification consisting of a full-span leading-edge flap deflected 6 degrees and an outboard partial-span chord-extension.
- Physical Description: 37 p. : ill.
- Keyword: aerodynamics
- Keyword: sweptback wings
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R13963
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930084673
- Report No.: NACA-TN-3952
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930084673
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc56280