Investigation of effectiveness of large-chord slotted flaps in deflecting propeller slipstreams downward for vertical take-off and low-speed flight Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Investigation of effectiveness of large-chord slotted flaps in deflecting propeller slipstreams downward for vertical take-off and low-speed flight
- Series Title NACA Technical Notes
Author: Kuhn, Richard E.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Draper, John W.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1955-01
- Content Description: Report presenting an investigation of the effectiveness of a wing equipped with large-chord slotted flaps in rotating the thrust vector of propellers through the angles required for vertical take-off and for flight at very low speeds in the 300 mph 7- by 10-foot tunnel. Results regarding static-thrust condition, tests with forward speed, and comparison of results for plain-flap and slotted-flap configurations are provided.
- Physical Description: 42 p. : ill.
- Keyword: aircraft wings
- Keyword: aircraft control
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R13816
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930084526
- Report No.: NACA-TN-3364
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930084526
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc56039