Atys; tragedie mise en musique Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Atys; tragedie mise en musique
- Alternate Title L'opera du roi
- Uniform Title Atys
- Added Title Fasti
Composer: Lully, Jean Baptiste, 1632-1687Creator Type: Personal
Librettist: Quinault, Philippe, 1635-1688Creator Type: Personal
Name: Gravée par H. de BaussenPlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1709
- Digitized: 2006-12-19
- Physical Description: score (2p.L., 225 p.) port.,illus. 39cm.
- Content Description: Atys, which premiered on 10 January 1676, is the first of the tragédies lyriques of Jean-Baptiste Lully and Philippe Quinault to have a tragic ending. As the Prologue indicates, the tragedie itself is a divertissement to ease the king's mind of his impending duties. Joyce Newman, in Jean-Baptiste de Lully and his Tragédie Lyriques, summarizes the message of the story in this way: "In [Atys], Quinault shows how actions which are not in accord with the noble ideal will bring defeat and punishment. Not only is love in opposition to glory in this opera, but also it is shown that if love is place more highly than honor, it will bring unhappiness even to one of the immortals."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Other: Tragédie en musique
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Jean-Baptiste Lully CollectionCode: JBLC
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- URL: http://www.library.unt.edu/music/special-collections/lully/browse/atys-2nd-edition-1709
- UNT Catalog No.: b1365584
- OCLC: 21451017
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, L 2963
- Other: LWV 53
- Call Number: M1500.L95 A8 1709
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc55