Effect of the NACA Injection Impeller on the Mixture Distribution of a Double-Row Radial Aircraft Engine Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Effect of the NACA Injection Impeller on the Mixture Distribution of a Double-Row Radial Aircraft Engine
- Series Title NACA Technical Notes
Author: Marble, Frank E.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Ritter, William K.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Miller, Mahlon A.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Aircraft Engine Research LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Lewis Flight Propulsion Lab
- Creation: 1946-05
- Content Description: For the normal range of engine power the impeller provided marked improvement over the standard spray-bar injection system. Mixture distribution at cruising was excellent, maximum cylinder temperatures were reduced about 30 degrees F, and general temperature distribution was improved. The uniform mixture distribution restored the normal response of cylinder temperature to mixture enrichment and it reduced the possibility of carburetor icing, while no serious loss in supercharger pressure rise resulted from injection of fuel near the impeller outlet. The injection impeller also furnished a convenient means of adding water to the charge mixture for internal cooling.
- Physical Description:  p. : ill.
- Keyword: aerodynamics
- Keyword: aircraft engines
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R11048
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930081758
- Report No.: NACA-TN-1069
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930081758
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc54942