CLUE: A Cluster Evaluation Tool Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title CLUE: A Cluster Evaluation Tool
Author: Parker, Brandon S.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Mikler, Armin R.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Tate, Stephen R.Contributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Jacob, TomContributor Type: Personal
Committee Member: Sweany, Philip H.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 2006-12
- Digitized: 2008-04-11
- Content Description: Modern high performance computing is dependent on parallel processing systems. Most current benchmarks reveal only the high level computational throughput metrics, which may be sufficient for single processor systems, but can lead to a misrepresentation of true system capability for parallel systems. A new benchmark is therefore proposed. CLUE (Cluster Evaluator) uses a cellular automata algorithm to evaluate the scalability of parallel processing machines. The benchmark also uses algorithmic variations to evaluate individual system components' impact on the overall serial fraction and efficiency. CLUE is not a replacement for other performance-centric benchmarks, but rather shows the scalability of a system and provides metrics to reveal where one can improve overall performance. CLUE is a new benchmark which demonstrates a better comparison among different parallel systems than existing benchmarks and can diagnose where a particular parallel system can be optimized.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Parallel processing (Electronic computers)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Electronic digital computers -- Evaluation.
- Keyword: cluster
- Keyword: scalability analysis
- Keyword: performance analysis
- Keyword: Amdahl's law
- Keyword: Gustafson's law
- Keyword: parallel processing
- Keyword: benchmarks
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Parker, Brandon S.
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 137281984
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc5444
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: Computer Science
- Academic Department: Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas