A message about food from the President of the United States. Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A message about food from the President of the United States.
- Series Title American War Posters
Author: United States. Dept. of Agriculture.Creator Type: Organization
Author: Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972.Creator Type: Personal
Author: United States. President (1945-1953 : Truman)Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Printing Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1945
- Content Description: A message from President Harry Truman, urging Americans to grow, preserve, and conserve food. This is an all lettered poster, white printing on blue background, with a U.S. seal appearing at the top center.
- Physical Description: 1 poster : blue & white ; 66 x 47 cm.
- Keyword: community canning center
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1939-1945 -- Food supply -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Food conservation -- United States -- Posters -- Specimens.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American -- 1939-1945 -- Specimens.
- Keyword: preserving food
- Keyword: waste nothing
- Keyword: civilian responsibility
- Keyword: peace
- Keyword: President Truman
- Keyword: Harry Truman
- Keyword: Victory gardens -- United States.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: World War Poster CollectionCode: WWPC
Name: World War Two CollectionCode: WWII
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Accession or Local Control No: Database No. 104
- Government Documents No.: A 21.20:F 73
- OCLC: 40636970
- Call Number: Posters WW2 Truman 1
- UNT Catalog No.: b2875664
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc543
- Display Note: Multiple variations of this poster exist. This variation begins, "In this fourth year of war the need for food is greater than ever before..." "U.S. Government Printing Office: 1945--O-654012." Original shipping information on verso.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: Vidar Latitude