A Complete Tank Test of a Model of Flying-Boat Hull - N.A.C.A. Model 16 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A Complete Tank Test of a Model of Flying-Boat Hull - N.A.C.A. Model 16
- Series Title NACA Technical Notes
Author: Shoemaker, James M.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1933-09
- Content Description: "A model of a 2-step flying-boat hull, of the type generally used in England, was tested according to the complete method described in the N.A.C.A. Technical Note No. 464. The lines of this model were taken from offsets given by Mr. William Munro in Flight, May 29, 1931. The data cover the range of loads, speeds, and trim angles that may be of use in applying the hull form to the design of any seaplane. The results are reduced to nondimensional form to aid application to design problems and facilitate comparison with the performance of other hulls" (p. 1).
- Physical Description:  p. : ill.
- Keyword: flying boats
- Keyword: flying boat hulls
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R10551
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930081261
- Report No.: NACA-TN-471
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930081261
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc54148