The pressure distribution over a standard and a modified Navy elliptical wing tip on a biplane in flight Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title The pressure distribution over a standard and a modified Navy elliptical wing tip on a biplane in flight
- Series Title NACA Technical Notes
Author: Rhode, Richard V.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Langley Memorial Aeronautical LaboratoryContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics. Langley Aeronautical Lab
- Creation: 1932-10
- Content Description: "This note presents the results of flight pressure distribution tests on the right upper wing panel of a Douglas M-3 airplane equipped in turn with a standard Navy elliptical tip and a tip having the same plan form but modified in its front elevation from the swept-up aspect of the standard tip to a symmetrical aspect. The results are given in such form that the load distribution for any normal-force coefficient within the usual range encountered in flight may easily be determined. The results indicate that the modification in front elevation of the tip had no appreciable effect on the load distribution" (p. 1).
- Physical Description:  p. : ill.
- Keyword: pressure distributions
- Keyword: Douglas D-3
Name: National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics CollectionCode: NACA
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: pd
- Rights Statement: No Copyright, Unclassified, Unlimited, Publicly available
- Accession or Local Control No: 93R10504
- URL: http://hdl.handle.net/2060/19930081214
- Report No.: NACA-TN-433
- Center for AeroSpace Information Number: 19930081214
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc54102