FCC Record, Volume 26, No. 7, Pages 4843 to 5761, March 28 - April 08, 2011 Page: 4,988
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
6. When you have finished, exit the Web browser, then click the Disconnect button on the
Connecting window to end your dial-up session.
Following are problems you may encounter and possible solutions for resolving or isolating them.
Modem does not respond
1. Confirm that all physical connections for the modem are present.
2. Confirm that the phone line is active by connecting it to a telephone and checking for a dial
3. Confirm that the correct modem driver is installed for your modem.
Modem dials but does not connect
1. Confirm that the number the modem is dialing is correct.
2. Confirm that the modem prefix, if any, is correct.
Modem dials and connects, but nothing appears when you enter the location in the Web
1. Check the settings in your dial-up networking icon, particularly that the Primary DNS is
220.127.116.11 and that TCP/IP is the only selected protocol.
2. Confirm that your Web browser is not using proxies; it should be set to "direct connection to
3. If you do log into a TCP/IP LAN, confirm that your LAN network IP address is being released.
To do so, connect to the FCC Network using dial-up networking, then click the Start button in
Windows 95/98 and select Run. Type winipcfg and press OK. If your IP address does not begin
with "192.104.", then your LAN IP address is not being released. Click the Release All button, or
consult your LAN administrator.
Receive an Internal Server error in the Web browser
1. Confirm that the address entered in the location field is correct (httpww.fc.govwtb/uls).
to Accept All.
Here’s what’s next.
This book can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Book.
United States. Federal Communications Commission. FCC Record, Volume 26, No. 7, Pages 4843 to 5761, March 28 - April 08, 2011, book, April 2011; Washington D.C.. (digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc52169/m1/160/: accessed March 29, 2017), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.