Amadis; tragedie, mise en musique Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Amadis; tragedie, mise en musique
- Uniform Title Amadis
- Added Title Amadis de Gaula
Composer: Lully, Jean Baptiste, 1632-1687Creator Type: Personal
Librettist: Quinault, Philippe, 1635-1688Creator Type: Personal
Name: C. Ballard, seul imprimeur du roy pour la musique, et se vend a la porte de l'Academie Royale de MusiquePlace of Publication: Paris
- Creation: 1684
- Physical Description: score (xliv, 272 p.) 37 cm.
- Content Description: The premiere of Amadis was delayed for a year after Lully completed its composition in order to allow the proper mourning period for Marie Thérese, wife of Louis XIV, who died in July of 1683. While still abstaining from theater at court, Louis XIV at last allowed the first public presentation of Amadis at the Opéra in Paris on 18 January 1684. It was an immediate public success.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Operas -- Scores.
- Other: Tragédie en musique
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: Jean-Baptiste Lully CollectionCode: JBLC
Name: Virtual Music Rare Book RoomCode: VRBR
Name: UNT Music LibraryCode: UNTML
- Rights Access: public
- Musical Score/Notation
- URL: http://www.library.unt.edu/music/special-collections/lully/browse/amadis-1st-edition-1684
- UNT Catalog No.: b2096331
- OCLC: 3802080
- RISM No.: RISM A/I, L 2944
- Other: LWV 63
- Call Number: M1500.L95 A42 1684
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc51