An Examination and Evaluation of the Role of Public Relations in Neiman-Marcus Fortnights Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title An Examination and Evaluation of the Role of Public Relations in Neiman-Marcus Fortnights
Author: Falgout, Paula O'ReaganCreator Type: Personal
Chair: Starr, Douglas P.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Busby, Roy KidderContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1983-05
- Content Description: This study examines the organization, function, and role of public relations in Neiman-Marcus Fortnights. Fortnight is an annual October extravaganza combining cultural and community education with merchandising. Information was gathered by interviews with three people associated with Fortnight public relations. The public relations department follows general goals in planning Fortnight public relations activities. Audiences are not restricted. Public relations responsibilities are publicity, press relations, guest relations, community relations, and special events. Evaluations are made with respect to public relations activities of the previous Fortnight. Though public relations is of secondary importance to merchandising, the effectiveness of Fortnight activities would be improved with established objectives, specific audiences, and a formal means of evaluation.
- Physical Description: v, 49 leaves
- Keyword: public relations
- Keyword: culture and merchandising
- Keyword: consumerism
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Neiman-Marcus -- Public relations.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Sales promotion.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Falgout, Paula O'Reagan
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002775716-Falgout
- Call Number: 379 N81 no. 5976
- UNT Catalog No.: b1311155
- OCLC: 11373961
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc504421
- Academic Department: Department of Journalism
- Degree Discipline: Journalism
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Name: Master of Arts
- Degree Publication Type: thesi
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University