Art Education and the Energy Dynamics of Creativity Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Art Education and the Energy Dynamics of Creativity
Author: Horn, Carin E.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Jacobs, Margaret LucasContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Oelschlaeger, MaxContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1978-12
- Content Description: The energy dynamics of creativity are the metaphysical foundations upon which the theory of holistic aesthetics was built. Traditional inquiry into creativity has been concerned with the isolated issues of either the process, technique, product, creator, or environment in which creation occurs. The aesthetics presented herein provide the art educator with an alternate approach and attitude. The absolute presupposition from which the theory develops states that "there is naught but energy, for God is life." The resulting model which incorporates the rationale of the physics of light is designed to illustrate relationships between the creator and the energies of creativity. Educational applications and significance of the model are described in terms of light and color; these practical implications lend themselves to empirical testing.
- Physical Description: vii, 65 leaves : illustrations
- Keyword: theory of holistic aesthetics
- Keyword: artistic creation
- Keyword: metaphysical foundations
- Keyword: art education
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Creation (Literary, artistic, etc.)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Art -- Study and teaching.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Color -- Physiological effect.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: Horn, Carin E.
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002772581-Horn
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.5538
- UNT Catalog No.: b1163800
- OCLC: 5132618
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc504078
- Academic Department: Department of Art
- Degree Discipline: Art Education
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Name: Master of Arts
- Degree Publication Type: thesi
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University