Treatment of Migraine Headache Utilizing Cerebral Electrostimulation Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Treatment of Migraine Headache Utilizing Cerebral Electrostimulation
Author: England, Ronald R.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Hughes, Howard, 1937-Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Harrell, Ernest H.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Hughes, Anita E.Contributor Type: Personal
Name: North Texas State UniversityPlace of Publication: Denton, Texas
- Creation: 1976-12
- Content Description: Cerebral electrostimulation (CES) as a treatment for migraine headache was investigated. Eighteen participants recorded data on headaches for two baseline weeks. Six were assigned to each of three groups--an active treatment group receiving CES, a placebo group receiving a simulated version of CES, and a no-treatment control group placed on a waiting list during the study. The CES group evidenced a significant reduction in headache duration and intensity relative to the placebo group. The waiting list control group did as well as the CES group. A number of hypotheses were put forth in an attempt to account for the unexpected finding.
- Physical Description: iv, 38 leaves: ill.
- Keyword: cerebral electrostimulation
- Keyword: migraine headache treatments
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Migraine.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Electric stimulation.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Electrotherapeutics.
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights Holder: England, Ronald R.
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- Accession or Local Control No: 1002773010-England
- Call Number: 379 N81 no.5282
- UNT Catalog No.: b1102273
- OCLC: 2869701
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc504062
- Academic Department: Department of Psychology
- Degree Discipline: Clinical Psychology
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Name: Master of Science
- Degree Publication Type: thesi
- Degree Grantor: North Texas State University